These incredible living wall planters make building your own living wall super simple, they are self watering and are made from 100% recycled materials and all Fair trade.They are quite large so you can easily fit two or three medium size plants into 1 planter. Each planter comes with all the necessary parts you need to hang it all you need a is a bit of imagination and your ready to have fun with plants !!
• Water Tank Anchor Points: (template supplied) - 9” Horizontal & 13” Vertical
• Planter Anchor Points: - Planter hooks to back of Water Tank for easy plant exchange
• Irrigation Supply Placement: (optional) - Vertical supply channel = ½” or ¼” supply line - Water tank = ¼” supply & drip line
• Recommended Drip Line: (optional) - ¼” inline emitter, 6” spacing - 2 emitters/planter - 20 psi / .52 gph - Max length of run = 19 planters
1-2-3 Hang It Up!
1. Attach Tank Attach self-watering tank to wall using included hardware. Place lid on tank.
2. Plant & Hand Water Fill planter with plants and soil up to the soil level line. Hand water thoroughly to prim planter and establish roots (Note: When hand watering, watering, water will seep through breathable vents evenly across the front of the planter, carefully dry planter before hanging.).
3. Hang Planter Slide planter loops up behind and onto tank hooks. (Hint: Look down irrigation supply channel to see loops and hooks.) From now on, use watering holes for watering.
Build Living Walls
Our planters are totally modular. Create living walls of almost any size, indoors and out. Calculate how many wall planters you’ll need by dividing the width of your wall area by 18” and height by 13”. Use our box as a horizontal template to help you mark holes. Example: Four planters cover a 36” W and 26” H wall area. Follow our 1-2-3 Hang It Up! instructions to hang your wall planters. Visit our website for more tips and tricks!
Fill self-watering tank through watering hole. Tank will allow water to trickle down to plant roots and fill reservoir. Breathable vents help soil naturally aerate and wick water up to roots until reservoir is empty. (Note: If water seeps through breathable vents then planter is overwatered.)
For large installations, we recommend using automatic drip irrigation. 1/4” emitter lines fit inside the watering tank, emitting water evenly down to roots and reservoir. Supply lines hide neatly in the irrigation supply channel located on the left and right sides of every wall planter. Complete drip kits may be purchased from woollypocket.com
Choose plants that are suitable for your growing conditions considering natural or artificial light, temperature, etc. (If you need guidance, ask your local nursery professional). Purchase approximately three full sized 6-inch plants or one full sized 8-inch plant. For gorgeous living walls, we suggest combining three types of plants:
1. Spillers – plants that hang 2. Fillers – plants that cover 3. Thrillers – exciting plants